2. you slip a thick sweater over my head, then hug me for as long as it takes to share and seal in your warmth.
3. we step outside. the grass is wet. I follow you as we step from one stone to the next, down this new path to the ocean.
4. we do not speak. we are practicing loving in silence.
5. we stand in front of the ocean, side by side. the waves are roaring, like we have been all this time.
6. i start to cry. hard. you reach for my hand, find it, and hold tight.
7. you wrap your arms around me and pull me even closer, in front of everything that's roaring and spraying everywhere. we both feel it within us, around us.
8. we scream together. not at each other, but together, at everything.
9. i fall soundly asleep. you carry me home.